By accessing Africa Ireland (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, Africa Ireland, “https://www.africaireland.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms.
If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use Africa Ireland.
We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of Africa Ireland after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, and sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where Africa Ireland is hosted or Africa Ireland al Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us.
You agree that Africa Ireland have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, Africa Ireland hall not be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- Africa Ireland provides the user with an internet platform which incorporates technical applications that allow the user to establish contact and share information with other users. This service as being made available via the Africa Ireland Web Portal includes upload, download, and posting options regarding materials and information which Africa Ireland, the user, or other users want to share on the Africa Ireland Web Portal (content(s)). The Africa Ireland online platform also provides for a technical function which automatically matches similar user profiles by comparing certain criteria of such profiles. The services are described in detail on the Africa Ireland Web Portal.
- Africa Ireland does not take part in any communication between users and is not responsible for or party to any agreements that users make by communicating over Africa Ireland Web Portal. The principles set forth in this Section 2.2 shall also apply to any agreements between users and third-party service providers providing supplemental services embedded in or linked to the Africa Ireland Web Portal. Such third-party service providers are acting independently from Africa Ireland, and Africa Ireland does not accept any liability for third parties’ acts or omissions.
- Users who want to take advantage of the services provided on Africa Ireland Web Portal have the option to register for a free membership.
- The services include offers to join certain groups or subgroups and other forums on the Africa Ireland Web Portal. The user acknowledges that these groups may be established by other users of the services and accordingly, the user moderating the respective group is free to choose whether the user may join or remain in the group. Africa Ireland is not responsible or liable for the participation or any action of the user or any other users, including the group moderator, in the group.
- Africa Ireland reserves the right to modify the services or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the user’s registration at any time provided such modifications are based on good reason and not unreasonable for the user. Africa Ireland shall give due notice of any amendments of services to the user via the user’s email address and/or by placing a notice in the user’s personal inbox in his/her Membership Section on the Africa Ireland Web Portal. The amendments to the Services shall be effective from that point in time unless the user objects within four (4) weeks after receipt of the said notice by communicating his/her objection through the contact form as available on each Africa Ireland Web Portal under Contact, provided that Africa Ireland has explicitly informed the user about the consequences of user’s non-objection.
- The user understands that it is technically impossible to offer or guarantee a 100% availability of the Africa Ireland Web Portal. Africa Ireland will make reasonable efforts to keep the Africa Ireland Web Portal available without unplanned interruption. However, maintenance, security or other planned actions, and/or events beyond Africa Ireland’ reasonable control (e.g. disruptions in public communication networks, power failures), may cause temporary interruptions or other failures of the services.
- To sign up for Membership users must apply for membership by completing the registration procedure on the Africa Ireland Web Portal. By completing the registration procedure, the user consents to enter into this agreement to use the services. Africa Ireland accepts this offer by activating the user’s membership and personal account.
- The user guarantees that the information submitted to Africa Ireland for registration is complete and truthful. The user shall not use pseudonyms or nicknames; however, Africa Ireland may allow exemptions at its sole discretion. The user shall keep the user’s profile up to date, in particular with regards to the user’s email address. The user shall ensure that Africa Ireland can establish contact at all times with the user via the contact details provided by the user in the user’s profile on the Africa Ireland Web Portal. However, Africa Ireland will preferably make any communication with the user via the user’s personal Membership Section on the Africa Ireland Web Portal.
- Africa Ireland reserves the right to refuse membership of any user for any or no reason. A user has no right to membership within the Africa Ireland community.
- The user hereby confirms that the user is of legal age at the time of registration and has not already registered with Africa Ireland, i.e., only maintains one (1) user account.
- User accounts are not transferable.
- During registration, the user must determine a password which they will use to identify themselves to access the Web Portal, the services, and the user’s personal account. The user is responsible for keeping the password secret and preventing other persons from accessing the user’s account via this password. The user agrees to notify Africa Ireland immediately of any unauthorized use of the user’s password or account or any other breach of security through the contact form available on each Africa Ireland Web Portal under Contact. The user promises to immediately inform Africa Ireland if there is any indication that the password is being used by third parties. Africa Ireland will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the user’s failure to properly comply with this section.
- As far as the user is in breach of the provisions in this Section 3, Africa Ireland shall be entitled to terminate this agreement for good cause with immediate effect, to block the user’s account and/or to prevent further use of the services and the Web Portal by the user. Any other rights of Africa Ireland shall remain unaffected.
4.0 User’s Obligations
- The user shall only provide true and accurate personal, social, and professional information and shall not post on Africa Ireland Web Portal any photographs identifying the user which are older than three (2) years or on which the user cannot be clearly and plainly recognized. The user shall not use any nicknames or pseudonyms to identify the user.
- The user shall not use, upload, post, email, send, transmit, or otherwise make available (in particular towards other users), or have others make available on the Africa Ireland Web Portal, any contents that violate laws and statutes in any manner (illegal contents), such as, but not limited to:
- Contents breaching third-party rights – e.g. copyright, performance, and commercial property rights such as brands, patents, registered designs, design rights, and also other rights, for example name and personality rights;
- contents which are insulting or defamatory, regardless of whether said contents are directed at Africa Ireland personnel, other companies, or another user;
- contents and actions violating criminal law, promoting anti-constitutional organizations or displaying the insignia of such organizations; contents glorifying violence; racist, pornographic, sexist contents; contents harmful to young persons; contents trafficking in narcotics, inciting or downplaying the consumption of narcotics, inciting criminal offenses, gambling, insult or slander, defamation, etc.;
- contents promoting any commercial practices considered unfair competition, including progressive customer acquisition practices (such as chain distribution systems, multilevel selling, or pyramid sales);
- contents annoying, pestering, or harassing any other user (cf. Section 7 of the German Unfair Competition Act; e.g. spam, chain letters, multi-level marketing, or multi-level network marketing);
- contents which include information for which the user has no right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information, insider information, etc.);
- contents that contain company logos. This excludes moderators of Africa Ireland , who may use the Africa Ireland logo;
- contents intended to disrupt, destroy, limit, or impair services on the Africa Ireland Web Portal or the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, in particular through robots, spiders, spamming, DOS attacks, chain mail, junk mail, scripts, etc.
- When using such services, the user shall adhere to all Africa Ireland networking, Forum, Content, Event, and Activity Guidelines as amended from time to time.
- The user shall not
- send identical messages to more than one (1) user on the Africa Ireland Web Portal;
- disguise the origin of any communication via the services or disguise the user’s own identity while using the services in any way;
- disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations set up for the use of the services on Africa Ireland Web Portal;
- interfere with or disrupt the Africa Ireland Web Portal, its servers, or General Terms and Conditions of Africa Ireland. Nor shall the user engage in acts that impair the operability of Africa Ireland ’ infrastructure, particularly those which may overload the said infrastructure;
- block, overwrite, modify, or copy any contents on Africa Ireland Web Portal, unless the said actions are necessary for the proper use of the services. The use of any search engine technology is not necessary for the proper use of the services and is therefore prohibited;
- tag other users or send email invitations to non-users without their prior consent.
- In the event Africa Ireland has good reason to believe that the user has breached his/her obligations under this Section 5, the user agrees that Africa Ireland shall be entitled to review the user’s personal data, communication and networking, however, only to the extent as required to verify such breach.
5.0 Granting Rights to Use
- The user grants Africa Ireland all rights necessary with respect to contents to fulfil the purpose of this agreement.
In particular, the user grants Africa Ireland the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, universally transferable, and fully sub-licensable right to:
- to store all contents (in particular images, videos, text, etc.) uploaded or posted during the use of the Africa Ireland Web Portal in an electronic form,
- to make the same available to other users and third parties and to disseminate the same to other users and third parties upon demand by way of download, and also to permit other users and third parties to make virtual or physical copies of these contents for their personal or other own use,
- to reproduce, disseminate, make generally available, and broadcast all uploaded contents on our Web Portal
- to process the contents in a user-friendly form, make the same amenable for research and process the same such that other users and third parties can access the same at any time. This includes converting the contents into other data formats. Africa Ireland is also granted the right to process the contents with respect to visual appearance, font, layout, scaling etc. Africa Ireland shall have the right to combine the contents or parts thereof with its own or third-party contents, in particular to add links to the contents or make the same available to third parties via links,
- to amend, shorten, block, or suspend access to, and delete any contents provided by the user.
- With respect to all contents described above, the user hereby waives the exercise of all moral rights as far as legally possible, in particular with respect to infringements through changes to the contents made by Africa Ireland or third parties.
- The user hereby acknowledges the right of Africa Ireland to publish any photographs or film footage taken at Africa Ireland Official Events or Activities on the Africa Ireland Web Portal and/or on any platform approved by Africa Ireland. Should the user wish to refuse the same, the user must clearly express this wish to the photographer or cameraman at the Event or Activity. Should the user wish to have Africa Ireland remove a photograph already published on the Africa Ireland Web Portal, the user must contact Africa Ireland through the contact form available on Africa Ireland Web Portal under Contact.
6.0 No Responsibility for the User’s and Third-Party Contents
- Africa Ireland shall not be liable for any contents provided by or made available by any user, including the user’s contents. In particular, Africa Ireland does not guarantee that any such contents are true or accurate, or that it fulfils or serves any particular purpose.
- If the user finds contents offensive or objectionable or a breach of the user’s or any third-party rights, or illegal in any other way, the user shall contact Africa Ireland through the contact form available on each Africa Ireland Web Portal under Contact. Africa Ireland will investigate the complaints and violations of its policies and may take any appropriate action, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing or blocking the contents, or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions.
- The user acknowledges that the Africa Ireland Web Portal include and provide contents provided by third-party providers as well as links to Web Portal of third parties (altogether third-party contents). Africa Ireland shall not be liable for any such third-party contents, but will comply with its obligations in accordance with Irish law.
8.0 Liability of Africa Ireland
- Subject to the provisions set out in this section, Africa Ireland shall only be liable for any damages, irrespective of the cause of action, including tort, which (i) are caused by negligent violation of an essential contractual obligation which have to be duly fulfilled for the achievement of the contractual purpose and on which fulfilment the user can rely on under normal circumstances, or (ii) are caused by gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Africa Ireland.
- To the extent Africa Ireland is held liable under the preceding paragraph, Africa Ireland’s liability shall be limited to those typical damages which Africa Ireland could reasonably foresee at the time of execution of the agreement, based on circumstances known to Africa Ireland at that time, provided, however, this limitation shall not apply if any damages are caused by Africa Ireland’s gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
- Africa Ireland shall not be liable for any consequential, incidental, or indirect damages unless those damages are caused by Africa Ireland’s gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
- Nothing in this Section 8 shall limit Africa Ireland’s liability for personal injury and property damage claims based on the Irish Liability Act.
- Africa Ireland only provides the technical infrastructure which is necessary for its users to communicate and to interact with other users. Each user is solely responsible for his/her behaviour and his/her interaction with other users. In particular, Africa Ireland does not conduct a background check of its users and does not verify any statement from its users. Therefore, Africa Ireland shall not be liable for any user’s behaviour and interaction with other users.
- Furthermore, Africa Ireland only provides the infrastructure for Africa Ireland users to organize activities or to interact with each other, but does not organize such activities. These activities are solely organized by Groups or individuals on a voluntary basis. Therefore, save as stipulated otherwise herein, under no circumstance shall Africa Ireland assume legal responsibility for damages related to such Activities or to other interaction between its users. Nor is Africa Ireland legally responsible for the behaviour or actions of Africa Ireland users or any other attendees during such activities.
- The Activity Coordinators are in no way legally connected to Africa Ireland, and, in particular, not employees of Africa Ireland. The Activity Coordinators do not represent Africa Ireland as vicarious agents. Thus, Africa Ireland does not accept any legal responsibility and liability for damages resulting from the behaviour and actions of Activity Coordinators.
- Furthermore, Africa Ireland only provides the infrastructure for Africa Ireland users to organize Africa Ireland events or to interact with each other. These events are organized on a voluntary basis. Therefore, save as stipulated otherwise herein, under no circumstance shall Africa Ireland assume legal responsibility for damages related to such events or to other interaction between its users. Nor is Africa Ireland legally responsible for the behaviour or actions of Africa Ireland users or any other attendees during such events.
- Event Coordinators are in no way legally connected to Africa Ireland and, in particular, not volunteers of Africa Ireland. Event Coordinators do not represent Africa Ireland as vicarious agents. Thus, Africa Ireland does not accept any legal responsibility and liability for damages resulting from the behaviour and actions of Event Coordinators.
The user shall indemnify and hold Africa Ireland harmless and not accountable for claims for breach of third-party rights for which the user is responsible or any damage which is caused by a breach of any contractual obligations by the user. In particular, the user shall indemnify and hold Africa Ireland guiltless and not accountable for claims by third parties resulting from any illegal acts by the user, in particular with respect to contents provided by the user infringing third-party rights or otherwise illegal contents. In so far as such infringement of rights result in court proceedings, the user shall also bear the costs incurred by Africa Ireland as a result, in particular court and attorney costs.
10.0 Methods of Communication with the User
- Place of jurisdiction, insofar as legally admissible, shall be Dublin, Ireland. This shall not impair any consumer jurisdiction forum competent for a dispute.
12.0 Content Disclaimer
To the best of our knowledge, all information in articles on Africa Ireland Web Portal published by Africa Ireland is accurate and up-to-date at the time of publication. However, the Africa Ireland administrators and moderators makes no claim that the information contained in these articles is complete, nor do we give any guarantee whatsoever on the accuracy of the content. While all our articles are reviewed regularly, some of the information might have changed since the time of publication or the last review.
The articles are neither legal advice in any way, nor can they replace the knowledgeable opinion of lawyers or other professionals in the various fields discussed in the articles.
Please note that Africa Ireland is not responsible for the accuracy of and opinions expressed in member-contributed articles.
The articles aim to offer current and future expats a glimpse into what awaits them and intends to inform them about the different aspects of expat life. However, we cannot be held responsible if the user’s own experiences differ from what is presented in the articles.