Who are we?
Africa Ireland is a platform for all Africans in and outside of Ireland to engage, collaborate, and get information on topics of interest to them.
Often at times Africans in Ireland relate much more with people from their own community and tend not interact with other Africans from other countries. Africa Ireland wants to break this barrier by using our web portal to foster a long lasting relationship with Africans in Ireland and Irish as well.
For New Africans in Ireland!
It could be very daunting getting information when you are ready to relocate to Ireland because all the required information are scattered all over the internet. You need so much information, you have so many questions – but you’re not sure who to ask. You need to find somewhere to live, open a bank account, set up your internet connection, buy African food – but you’re still getting used to the local language and culture. Most of all, you want to meet other Africans who have gone through your situation, who share your interests and hobbies – other Africans from different African countries, new friends.
All information in one place!
Africa Ireland is a platform that has been built for Africans to meet, connect, and exchange information. It is a welcoming community of open-minded individuals who share your experiences. A secure community full of useful advice from fellow Africans who understands the terrain.
African Ireland aims to open a world of opportunities to network and find friends who will explore your new environment with you. You have come to the right place. Africa Ireland extends our warm welcome to you!
Africa Ireland’s mission rests upon five critical pillars:
Aims & Objectives
- To connect all Africans in Ireland together
- To foster integration of the African community into the Irish community
- To create a central information platform for effective dissemination of information to Africans and friends of Africa
- To foster an inclusive and cohesive ecosystem and eliminate the siloed approach of disconnected African communities in Ireland
- To create and facilitate networking opportunities for Africans in Ireland
- To provide Africans in Ireland and all Irish with a platform that will promote interest in African culture
- To reach out to incoming African immigrants and educate them on their foray into the Irish society
- To engage in community development projects that will improve African community relationship with the Irish society
- To be a conduit for collaboration between all Africans living in Ireland
- To promote public education and knowledge on intercultural issues
- To promote links between Ireland and Africa and advance co-operation, dialogue and partnership on development issues
- To provide capacity and resources where people may engage in social and cultural activities that will enhance Africa-Ireland exchange
Why Africa Ireland?
In the 2016 census, 57,850 people living in Ireland identified as Black or Black Irish with African ethnicity with spread across African countries such as Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Somalia, Congo, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sierra Leone, Benin, Ghana, Libya, Togo etc. All these African nationals do not have a common platform for relating with each other in Ireland. Each country has its own group doing its own thing thus creating distance with other Africans.
Africa Ireland wants to change how Africans relate with each other in Ireland. This is the web portal for all Africans in Ireland to collaborate with each other and the Irish community at large.